Filed Under (bodycare, cosmetics, heels, lip balm, lip gloss, lotions, shoes) by rinnah on 01-05-2012
Tagged Under : a'kin, aldo, avene, blackmores, crabtree & evelyn, daiso, dkny, dmk, estee lauder, lewre, liese, maybelline, mentholatum, pangea organics, revlon, rockport, santa verde, scott's, smashbox, vaseline
The idea for this post was generated from a random chat with Beetrice (during work hours! ) one fine day and I got the idea that it would be fun to see what kinds of beauty related stuff people would keep at work.
I tend to go for the minimalist approach where possible, but soon found out that what I considered minimal was a whole lot more than what some of my beauty blogger friends had (which is nothing! Paris B, I’m looking at you!). But then again, some of the stuff I’ve listed aren’t strictly make-up or skincare related. I’ve just included them because I consider them to be part of ‘beauty at work’.
Are you ready for the virtual tour? Heheh.
Essentials that I need at hand on my workstation :
- Box of tissues (for my sinuses. Atchoo!)
- Avène Thermal Spring Water spray (to combat the drying effects of the office air-conditioning)
- Small standing mirror (to check myself out; also a gift from the lovely Syen)
Hidden away inside my drawer, tucked inside a pink cosmetics pouch from Daiso :
- tiny DKNY Pure Verbena scent spray (from one of my Bellaboxes)
- Liese Juicy Shower Hair Fragrance Spray (for those days when you eat out and come back smelling like a kitchen)
- Folding comb (also picked up for a song at Daiso)
- Oil blotting papers (I ‘fess up, I have two types – both powdered and non-powdered)
- Lip balms (not one, not two, but four! Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner SPF15, Mentholatum Pure Softlips in Honeydew, Pangea Organics Lip Balm in Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom, and Maybelline Lip Smooth in Rose – the last one is a tinted lip balm)
- Lip products (mini Smashbox Lipgloss in Buff, Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Rose Pearl, and Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum)
- Assorted medication (for the sudden fever, cold, allergy, headache/migraine)
Also hidden inside my drawer but not in the cosmetics pouch :
- Small tub of Vaseline (original petroleum jelly type, not cream or lotion)
- Santa Verde Aloe Vera Creme in Medium (doubles as face and hand moisturiser)
- Crabtree & Evelyn India Hicks Island Living Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy (a gift!)
- A’kin Lavender, Geranium & Jojoba Hand, Nail & Cuticle Creme
- Vitamins (Blackmores Cold Combat, and Scott’s Vitamin C Pastilles)
- Shoe shine sponge (part of a travel toiletries set)
And last but not least, something I consider essential to beauty at work for me… uh… four pairs of high heels under my table.
- Aldo Doyscher heels in black leather (super love them – my Louboutin dupes!)
- Rockport Luciana pumps in sandstone (a new addition bought on sale…)
- Lewre work pumps in black leather (my go-to regular shoes)
- DMK peeptoe heels in camel (when black just won’t match my outfit of the day)
So, what do you keep at work that’s beauty related?